Join a vibrant campus community whose excellence is reflected in its diversity and student success. West Chester University of Pennsylvania invites applicants for a tenure-track, assistant/associate professor position(s) in mathematics education beginning in August 2020. Responsibilities include teaching up to four courses per semester, which typically include mathematics pedagogy and mathematics for undergraduate and graduate students. Candidates must have demonstrable excellence in teaching and communication skills.
Candidates are required to have successfully completed an equivalent of a Master's Degree in mathematics and an earned doctorate in mathematics education or a related field by August 2020.
Preference will be given to candidates who demonstrate some of the following:
- have teaching experience in elementary, middle, or secondary school mathematics;
- have experience in working with school teachers;
- have successful grant writing experience;
- have experience in supervising student teachers;
- have experience teaching graduate mathematics or mathematics education courses;
- have experience in graduate program development;
- have experience in advising graduate students or supervising theses;
- have experience in assessing teacher education candidates for accreditation; and
- have successfully integrated technology in teaching methods.
Applications must include: a cover letter addressing the above requirements; curriculum vitae; a brief statement of teaching philosophy; a brief research prospectus; three letters of recommendation, with at least one letter addressing in detail the candidate's teaching effectiveness, undergraduate and graduate transcripts. Include email addresses for three referees when applying. Referees will receive an email with uploading capabilities.
To be considered as a finalist, an applicant must successfully complete an interview process that includes: (a) a formal interview, (b) a teaching demonstration, and (c) a research talk to the Department's faculty and upper-level students. Review of applications will begin December 1, 2019, and continue until the position is filled. Application materials must be submitted electronically at http://agency.governmentjobs.com/wcupa/default.cfm. For more information about the Department visit math.wcupa.edu.
Developing and sustaining a diverse faculty and staff advances WCU's educational mission and strategic Plan, Building on Excellence. West Chester University is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.