The Department of Mathematics at the California State University Channel Islands invites applications for a tenure-track Assistant Professor of Mathematics Education beginning Fall 2018. Excellence in teaching, research and experience with pre-service and in-service teachers is essential. The department seeks an educator who will help strengthen the student learning and success goals (for majors and non-majors) with methods established as effective in the literature on teaching and learning.
- Ph.D. degree in Mathematics Education with Master in Mathematics (preferred) or Ph.D. degree in Mathematics with demonstrated evidence of sustained activities in Mathematics Education from accredited institutions is required (or equivalent degrees)
- evidence of ongoing scholarly activities in Mathematics Education
- experience with high school and/or college level curricula
- interest in teaching mathematics courses for teachers and supervision of in-school internships
- demonstrated effective teaching with a variety of methodologies
- interest and commitment to working on cross-disciplinary and cross-divisional teams
- interest and commitment to working in a multiethnic, multilingual, and multicultural environment
-As a condition of employment, this position will require a background check. The person holding this position is considered a 'mandated reporter' under the California Child Abuse and Neglect Reporting Act and is required to comply with the requirements set forth in CSU Executive Order 1083 as a condition of employment.
-Preference will be given to broadly trained Mathematics Educators who have experience with high school and/or college level curricula and interest in teaching mathematics courses for teachers and supervising in-school internships.
- experience beyond completion of Ph.D.
- publication record
- experience working on and applying for educational grants
- research program in secondary and/or undergraduate mathematics education
- experience teaching mathematics courses for teachers and supervising in-school internships
- research program in mathematics education that engages students
- interest in supervising master's degree theses
- experience in providing educational training
For more information and to apply online please visit our website at: www.csucifacultyjobs.com. Application review begins on November 3, 2017.